Monday, December 19, 2005

It's All About Me

I've been tagged by BlueGal, and as much as I'd love to deconstruct W's speech last night, or gloat over Krusty's chilly reception by the military in Iraq over the weekend, I have an obligation to a higher calling. Here goes . . . Seven Things to Do Before I Die:
  1. Learn to tango
  2. Raise sheep
  3. Own a beautiful old barn that once housed livestock
  4. Learn to cook Thai food
  5. Pick cloudberries
  6. Watch the sun come back to the Arctic
  7. Live somewhere where I can see mountains every day

Seven Things I Cannot Do:

  1. Donate a kidney before I die
  2. Play the accordion (I really, really tried)
  3. Whistle
  4. Run a mile in less than ten minutes (who am I kidding? 10:30, and at that pace it's not even fair to call it running.)
  5. Speak in a complete sentence before my first cup of coffee in the morning
  6. Contemplate paddling Class IV whitewater (Class III is sketchy, but negotiable)
  7. Consider golf a form of exercise

Seven Things That Attract Me to My Spouse (significant other, best friend, lover)

  1. His passion (for teaching, for politics, for food, for friends, for skiing, for me)
  2. His love of language
  3. The way he gets me to laugh at myself
  4. His intellect
  5. The color of his eyes (and other objectifying attributes)
  6. His devotion to truth
  7. His mastery with household tools

Seven Things I Say or Write Most Often

  1. Is there a reason we're saving this?
  2. He's not here. May I take a message?
  3. Where did you ski today? (closely related to #2 above)
  4. It was on sale.
  5. How stupid can people be?
  6. I'll be right there. I just have to finish this row.
  7. F**king Republican!

Seven Books I Love (Impossible. I can only list authors.)

  1. Adrienne Rich
  2. Margaret Atwood (I'm with you, BlueGal)
  3. Philip Roth
  4. Donald Hall
  5. Jane Kenyon
  6. Annie Proulx
  7. Thomas Hardy

Seven Movies I Would Watch Over & Over Again

  1. The Wizard of Oz
  2. Quick Change, or just about anything with Bill Murray
  3. Anything "Hitchcock," except 'The Rope'
  4. All That Jazz
  5. Old musicals - I love them. They should be in their own category.
  6. Any Busby Berkeley extravaganza
  7. Dr. Zhivago

Seven People I Want to Join In (I don't have seven blogging friends. How pathetic is that?)

  1. Karen
  2. Leslie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Anne, I'll play:

Seven Things to Do Before I Die:
1. Travel to all seven continents.
2. Learn to truly love myself.
3. Take a long backpacking/kayaking trip with other women.
4. Write the poetry and fiction I keep saying I’ll write but never do.
5. Have farm animals (chickens, goats, alapaca and barn kitties) and a barn.
6. Master handstands and headstands and child’s pose (left knee prohibits sitting all the way back now) in yoga.
7. Buy and then preserve a piece (or ideally many pieces) of land for wilderness.

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Wink in my left eye
2. Play a musical instrument
3. Tell a joke well.
4. Eat a lot of wheat, sugar or dairy.
5. Get to bed at a regular time.
6. Properly visualize furniture arrangements in my head.
7. Watch local TV news.

Seven Things That Attract Me to My Spouse (significant other, best friend, lover)
1. His unconditional love for me.
2. His green eyes, black hair and soft skin, and the way the skin around his eyes crease when he smiles.
3. His deep sense of faith and optimism.
4. His dependability.
5. That he irons (and cooks and cleans, too).
6. He plays guitar.
7. He’s a wonderful father.

Seven Things I Say or Write Most Often
1. With your manners… (to Grace)
2. You may…(to Grace)
3. Look with your eyes (again, to Grace)
4. Stop barking! (to the dogs, and sometimes to Grace, who barks with the dogs)
5. I can do that.
6. I got nothing done today.
7. I’m tired.

Seven Books I Love
1. Licorice by Abbey Frucht
2. Emperor of the Air by Ethan Canin
3. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcie Marquez
4. Frog and Toad series by Arnold Loebel
5. The Right to Write by Julia Cameron
6. Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
7. Mary Oliver’s Poetry

Seven Movies I Would Watch Over & Over Again
1. Cinema Paradiso
2. American Splendor
3. In America
4. Magnolia
5. Message in a Bottle
6. Notting Hill
7. Rear Window

12/20/2005 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger threadingwater said...

Thanks for joining the fun and your follow-up promotion (along with many kind words.) Maybe we should work together on that barn thing.

12/20/2005 01:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home