Saturday, August 13, 2005

Windy City Report

Dateline: Chicago What? Where have I been? Well, darlings, it's been a tough summer what with all the construction commotion, the heat, the disruption of living in two houses, running a tool belt competition, and, well, you get the picture. My reward is Stitches Midwest - a fiber arts wet dream. Last night was the fashion show and, I have to say, there are some nice design developments on the way. Finally! It's been a long dry spell in the knit wear design field, filled with crappy, ill-fitting and just plain weird garments. Nothing will make me turn and run faster than a "novelty yarn" label on anything. Blechh. Yesterday, I learned to knit and purl backwards. Today, I'll try my hand at Russian grafting. But right now? Well, the Marketplace is about to open so this fiberholic babe actually ate breakfast this morning for the extra, and absolutely necessary energy surge to make it through at least half the vendors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home