Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"Scotty! Over Here!"

Those of you who know me, know that my interests often turn to obsessions. My latest obsession is White House Press Secretary, Scott McClellan. Scotty, as his fans lovingly call him, is an amazing piece of construction - cool, tetchy and well-scripted. In short, everything the Bush White House could want in an official spokesman, including the twisted-sycophant-bowel-syndrome he must surely suffer from. But why take it from me? You can follow along yourself with the transcripts of his press briefings and engage in your own "Scotty Watch" survey like the one I gathered from yesterday's briefing. Number of times Scotty invoked "ongoing investigation" as reason to deflect 1.) questions about W's statements that he would fire anyone involved in the Valerie Plame/CIA leak and 2.) his own statements that Karl Rove was not involved in the leak? 32 times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home