Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Minor Christmas Note

pah-rum-pah-pah-rum The blog de la resistance reader's poll verdict is in and "Little Drummer Boy" takes the prize as the most annoying Christmas song. You knew it all along, didn't you? I think it must be something about my eastern european Polish heritage that makes me love the most unhappy music. I mean, really, the Poles can't help but embrace tragedy and sorrow. Just look at their country's sad history for chrissakes. So then, my favorite Christmas song is really an advent song, (too sad for Christmas) "Oh Come, Oh Come Emanuel." Oy, all those minor notes make me weep. Why can't someone put together an entire CD of every possible version and rendition of this song? Is it too much to ask?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are soooo wrong. Have you ever worked retail at Christmas? Silver Bells! Aieeeeeeeeee!

12/15/2004 08:38:00 AM  
Blogger threadingwater said...

Ah yes, ding-a-ling's and rum-pah-pah's, they all add up to ANNOYING.

I DID work retail one Christmas - at a toy store! I couldn't hear the mall music over the din of screaming children inside the store.

12/15/2004 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home