Thursday, December 23, 2004

All the stockings . . .

Let me introduce my christmas stocking, a handmade gift from my godmother circa 1954. It's seen some rough times - a christmas (or two or three) with no money, I mean NO money, christmases without my son, the first christmas without my dad, christmas hijacked by an alcoholic, christmas alone with a bowl of popcorn and old movies on the tube. Fifty years of holidays filled with joy, some with tears and pockets of emptiness. All have left their mark. Like me, this little piece of felt stitchery is worn, torn and stained around the edges, has endured a bit of surgical repair and has traveled across an ocean and back again to the happiest home it has ever known. We both send our love and good cheer to you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours many blessings in the coming year.
Leslie
Nake-id and shivering in Denver

12/24/2004 09:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home